Saturday, October 01, 2005

Oral surgery, Russian men and a very unfortunate death.


This weekend I am in mourning.
Those of you who have read the new Harry Potter book will know why. For the rest of you plebs, I will explain. A very important character dies (woe is me) one of my favorite. I almost had to take time off work I was in such a state.

It was so good to spent a week away in Harry Potter world. I kind of feel lost now. There were bits about the new book I didn't like, but having enjoyed reading it so much I can't really complain. Not yet anyway. Come on guys, go and read them, I promise you will enjoy them!

Anyways Dr Isis had something to take my mind off this untimely death. The gum behind my last tooth has been a little sore for a few days, so I mentioned it to her and she said she would have a look. Then I heard the word anesthesia, and some other Spanish dentistry mumbo jumbo which I could unfortunately understand. Before I knew it they were performing Minor Oral Surgery!!!
I had a injection(which really bloody hurt) and then she got a pair of scissors and chopped a bit of my gum off (ginivectomy)!!! It was pretty cool, I could picture everything she was doing because we have done it to other people. When she was asking Holly to hold things I kept going to grab the mirrors and aspirate, until I remembered I was the patient, not nurse! (I think I prefer nurse)

Me and holly had a good game of Doctor and patient on Thursday. I sat in the chair while there was no patients and she poked about in my mouth and told me how many fillings I need. Then she moved the chair up and down loads of times in to all the different positions. It was Fun!

We put artificial bone in for this woman the other day. I got to hold lots of flappy gum as stuff.

So, the Russian Man. We were in the pub last night and I met the legendary Boris( a 19 year old Russian who can drink copious amounts of Vodka) He is cool, he likes loads of cool classical music and drinks John Smiths and stuff.

that's all folks xx

No comments: